Dodge Viper Power Wheels in, Nashville Superspeedway, Lebanon, Tennessee. Dodge Viper Power Wheels Отдельный респект ребятам из AUTOLAB! ДЛЯ УЧАСТИЯ ... Read More
Dodge Caliber Hubcaps In this video I demonstrate the tire rotation procedure on a 2016 Nissan Versa these procedures should more or less apply to any 4 wheeled vehicle along with some tech-tips peppered along the way.
Please make sure to look up the tire rotation pattern and interval for your vehicle. in this case NISSAN recommends every 5,000 miles
–Check with your tire manufacturer (if different from factory). NOTE: directional tires can not be moved on the opposite side
I. Preparation — You will need:
1) Floor jack with jack stands
2) Breaker Bar (or some sufficient tool for lug nut removal)
3) Torque Wrench (capable of your wheel torque specification)
4) Applicable socket for your vehicle (wheel locks too!)
II. Elevating the Vehicle
1) Remove hubcaps (**if applicable, only to access wheel nuts)
2) Break loose wheels nuts (only loosen)
3) Lift the vehicle
4) Lower/Rest the vehicle on stands (BE SAFE…I should have done this…Shame on me)
III. Actual Tire Rotation (refer to manufacturer recommendation)
1) Remove and Rotate according to manufacturer pattern
2) Snug wheels (sufficiently tight to hub)
3) Lower vehicle (safely)
4) Apply final wheel torque
–Please refer to the tire rotation schedule for your vehicle
–If you have different tires (e.g. directional tires) from stock, then it is perhaps the case that normal (factory rules for rotation) may not apply
–IF YOU HAVE DIRECTIONAL TIRES DO NOT CROSS THEM OVER: only front-to-rear and rear-to-front rotation is recommended.
–Check manufacturer specified torque
–Be mindful of proper torque wrench usage: hand placement, being smooth when applying force to handle
–Tighten and torque wheel fasteners in a proper sequence (these patterns differ for 4-lug, 5-lug, …)
—————————–Logic Behind Wheel Rotation——————————–
This practice is aimed at maximizing tire life by systematically altering tire position. [why?] Tires typically wear uneven due to variables such as different weight, steering tasks, etc. — these procedure is aimed at distributing these unequal wear patterns across all the tires.
I hope this helps. Feel free to comment. Take care.
How to Rotate Tires on a Car, Dodge Caliber Hubcaps in, Irving 75037 TX.